Recent Posts

5.13.2009

One less dish

Back around Christmas time I wrote Santa a very nice letter asking him for Tupperware to bring my lunches in for work. This sparked quite the controversy in the comments section: plastic versus glass reusable containers. Well, Santa brought me BOTH but I especially love my set of Pyrex bowls with lids. Three sizes! Two each! Blue tops! So exciting!

Then, last night, getting out of the car trying to balance a grocery bag, heels, and a gallon of milk disaster hit. The pretty Pyrex bowl from lunch slipped out of my purse and shattered into a gazillion pieces, all over the garage floor. My first thought was, "Noooooo! Now I won't have an even set." My second thought was, "Oh well. One less dish to wash."

4 comments:

WoWo said...

and THAT, my dear, is just one more point for my side of the argument! GLASS SCHMLASS

Confusador said...

I reject both sides of the argument. Plastic for transport (cheaper, sturdier, lighter), glass or ceramic for heating (holds heat better, doesn't warp, food doesn't bind during heating so it's easier to clean).

El Vato Suave said...

Use stainless steel. Problem solved.
JMW

WoWo said...

If one would refer to my initial argument in favor of plastic, you could note that the plastic containers I referred to (the rubbermaid) neither warps, nor stains, it doesn't bind the food and the heat holds in an amazing fashion. May be I should go work for Rubbermaid. Or Sandals - I can really sell a Sandals vacation

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.