Recent Posts

5.12.2009

Shiny night, sans storm

The weather team at www.wcco.com has been lying to me. For two weeks all I've been getting from them are lies, lies, dirty lies. They have been predicting thunderstorms by 1:00pm almost every single day and only ONCE did they pull through for me. Even then it was actually 3:00am when it started thundering and it only lasted for 15 minutes. What a rip off.
You see, I have that midwesterner characteristic where I absolutely positively ADORE thunderstorms. Unless the sirens are going off my favorite place to be is on a porch watching the action. If the sirens are blaring then I scoop up Ebs and hunker down in my "storm shelter" (aka the corner of my basement where I've put two spare sofa chairs complete with ottomans, side tables, a blanket and a battery operated radio. I am PREpared.)
Yesterday, however, I was actually kind of glad they were ridiculously off base with their forecast. Instead of rain it was a still evening with spring leaf filtered sun.
I walked to the store to get food for dinner, met a duck and named him Albert and even ate outside on the patio. Since today is in fact gray and potentially rainy (keep your fingers crossed!) I think I'll post the pictures I took on my bright, shiny evening walk.



Neighborhood grocery store and one of about a dozen churches nearby


I have Quaker neighbors. They have tulips.

Another Quaker tulip. They sure know how to grow 'em!

Miss. 'Fia's princess throne, abandoned for dinner time

Home again...front steps of The Stanford House

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I hear ya, missy! The weather people in San Diego can never get it right. I shake my fist and yell at the tv when they promise me rain. And God forbid they even throw that thunderstorm graphic on the screen. There hasn't been one in the entire time I've lived here!! Arrgghhhhh.

Ok, I'm calm again :) Tell Albert I said hello!

Andhari said...

The sunny weather looks good, I hope it's not as hot as our weather here. I'll like sun in a not so hot weather. Those flowers look pretty :)

Confusador said...

@Andhari - I can pretty much guarantee that we don't get what you would call hot weather up here, today was warmer than most of the last week, we hit 71(F, 22C). All year we probably have a week over 90, and it doesn't get humid. I remember when I came to college orientation (from St Louis) during the hottest week of year; my family still laughs about the fact that they were passing out bottled water and warning people about heat stroke on a perfectly lovely day.

Just don't ask me about January.

El Vato Suave said...

It's been in the upper 90's for most of the last week. It's finally cooling down today - only 93...
JMW

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.