Recent Posts

12.10.2008

All I want for Christmas...

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas this year is to be able to put my hair in a ponytail. I don't care if it looks like a 3 year old's whale spout, I just want to be able to pull it back without 10 million bobby pins. If you and the elves can't get it together enough to deliver on that by the 25th, maybe you could have it happen by my birthday at the end of January.
Other things I would like include (but are not limited to):
-Towels for my new bathroom
-Ironing board (mine is broken...stuck in the up position)
-Tupperware for work lunches
-cream blush from MAC
I realize this is kind of a boring list but there isn't much that I need/want so thats all that came to mind.
Thank you and please give my best to Mrs. Claus.
Love,
Caley Jennifer
p.s. Ebbie would like some catnip because she has never tried it before. She has been a very good girl this year so I think she deserves it.

10 comments:

Nick McGivney said...

Honestly. High maintenance chicks like you NEVER get the stuff that they demand. Now go back and write a reasonable list.

Cal said...

Shoot. Maybe that is why I don't have a boyfriend! Too high maintenance...duly noted.

Anonymous said...

You should not use plastic for food storage, Cal. There are such better, safer alternatives!

Nick McGivney said...

I find people are the ideal place for food storage. Oh, and given the present company, cats are pretty good receptacles too.

Cal said...

kala i am afraid if i get glass containers to bring to work i will break them and then not only will i have broken glass everywhere, i won't have a lunch either!

you know, nick, my cat refuses to eat people food. how crazy is that? won't eat wet cat food either. or treats. it is boring but oh well, a little cheaper too!

Anonymous said...

Pyrex?! Pyrex doesn't break... okay, well it can break, but it is generally a rather strong, drop-proof material made for this exact thing.

And then you can avoid ingesting carcinogenic toxins with your leftovers! Hooray!

El Vato Suave said...

She lies. Pyrex can be broken just by a severe thermal shock. I've done it to at least one beaker in my classroom. Potassium permanganate and Glycerine make for temperature differences that can break pyrex quite readily.

Of course, plastic, normal glass,

Anonymous said...

Well, increased risk of cancer or increased risk of breaking one's lunch containers?

For me, this one is a no-brainer. Perhaps not for everyone, though. A scientist I am not, that is for sure (though, my B.S. in biochem, Dental student fiance also uses Pyrex containers for food storage). :)

Bottom line: I want you to be healthy because I love you, firiend!

KelseyRose said...

Can't wait for the catnip experience..... we already know she is getting it for Christmas so technically NOT a wish-list.

KC

WoWo said...

No offense to your friends who are anti tupperware, but... remember that people have been using tupperware for a few decades now as have you and I and I'm happy to report neither one of us has a sickness or disease from that. I think glass breaks and this is the best tupperware I've ever used - dishwasher & microwave safe, stain proof... http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15623861&RN=204
For storage, you will go to heaven in your kitchen with the Oxo good grips containers!!! Trust your older sister
xoxox
:P to the haters! HAHA!!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.