Recent Posts

11.06.2012

Craftervention

Sticking with yesterday's introduction of Novemberesolutions, I'd like to introduce you to another little known word that I just made up:
Craftervention noun \ˈkraft tərˈvɛnʃən\
:care provided to improve a situation (especially medical procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury) for an individual who spends too much time creating articles (often sparkly in nature) fashioned with the hands

Signs that I may need a craftervention:
  1. One morning I had to cut a piece of my hair off because I accidentally got superglue on it while making sparkly star hair pins out of a toilet paper roll and nailpolish.
  2. On a Friday night, I declined an invitation to go get a drink because I was elbow deep in glitter for a craft project and getting it all off would've taken too much effort.
  3. All of the Christmas presents I'm giving this year are going to be handmade from ideas I found on Pinterest.
  4. I go to JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's so often that I could probably open a charge account there and their websites are bookmarked on my phone so I can quickly pull up their electronic weekly coupons. {Also, do you think that JoAnn and Michael were real people? If so, did they have a forbidden romance  la Romeo and Juliet since they are business competitors? Do you think Lifetime would buy the rights to that story if I wrote a script?}

My sister may or may not already be organizing a craftervention for me. I think she's torn because she likes getting all of the crap I make for her children, but is worried that I'm filling some kind of void in life with sequins and Martha Stewart craft supplies. She'll let you know when the date is set and the arrangements have been made.

4 comments:

mudnessa said...

I need a craftervention! I swear I don't go to JoAnn's that often but I guess I do. One of the ladies at the fabric counter remembers me. Last time it was "Oh more animal print. You always go for such unique fabric." Also I made myself a Halloween costume. I had no Halloween plans and we don't get trick or treaters. Luckily my cousin took pity on me and invited to pass out candy with her at her place.

Cal said...

I absolutely LOVE that you made a costume with no Halloween plans. I dressed up for work and passed out candy and it was a blast (even though i did it by myself haha)

Confusador said...

SO, #4 on your Novembere Solutions*? Nailed it.
I promise to stage a counter-intervention, should the need arise.

Also: The JoAnne and Michael story needs to be told! I await it anxiously.


*Sorry, I can't help but read this as some kind of old-timey spelling. Too much steampunk, I guess.

Cal said...

Hahaha...thanks for your support on the Novemberesolutions. I'll allow your steampunk spelling as an acceptable alternative, but I'm still sticking with mine.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.