Recent Posts

11.06.2012

Cast your vote

One if my immigrant English language students told me once that people in her country vote for whichever candidate bribes the starving citizens with the most chickens or whichever party doesn't have guns to their backs at the polls.

This morning I got to vote, under no duress, in the basement of the Catholic church where I attend Mass.

God bless the USA. 

Happy Election Day to my fellow U.S. citizens and to all those reading from other countries, I hope you enjoy the show as the results stream in tonight. It's sure to be a doozy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.