Recent Posts

6.19.2012

Monsters in the dark

You guys, it's happening: bugs are taking over the world. Last night I was snuggled in my warm, comfy bed with the ceiling fan running at exactly the right speed and a perfect new song playing on repeat when I heard the cat freaking out in the living room. FREAKING OUT. Batting at the blinds, meowing, jumping around. 

When I got up to check on her, I saw it. IT. A horrifying dragon dinosaur alien bug creature.* It had pincers. Big ones. And it's underside was all scaly. {These pics don't do it justice.}


After trying to flick it off the screen unsuccessfully, I gave up and went back to bed only to be dive-bombed by a kamakaze fly the size of a dime. Never have I seen a mutant freak of a fly that big.

Of course when I leaped up on the bed I got light headed from standing too fast. Almost lost my hand to that lovely ceiling fan and nearly fell off the bed trying to nunchuck it to death with a cardigan {it was the closest thing I could grab.}

I'm telling you...they're taking over.

*Someone on twitter informed it was an earwig. Eeeeew.

1 comments:

mudnessa said...

Pretty sure that is not an earwig but some sort of beetle...let me consult my little black book...aka my bug book I always have handy. I would guess some sort of stag beetle. I love bugs (earwigs not included, work is infested with earwigs, I hate them.)

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.