Recent Posts

1.04.2010

Falling lamps in 2010

This morning a lamp fell on my head.

Yes. You read that right.

A lamp fell.
From the top shelf of the closet.
Onto my head.

Great way to get ready for the first day of the decade back at work, right? It sounds funnier than it felt. Oy. But, despite a rocky morning I'm excited about the new year.

In 2009, Sister's sole resolution was "to be more awesome." She had a beautiful baby boy and became the worlds sweetest new mother. I'd say that counts for a big "mission accomplished" sticker. Resolutions overwhelm me almost as much as trying to figure out what to give up for Lent every spring. This year I had the chance to reevaluate a little earlier than usual.

About a month before 2010 rolled in I got sick. Really sick. Not near-death-experience-sick or anything but sick enough that I couldn't eat or drink for over a week which landed me in the ER for a day. Hooked up to IVs for 8 hours I had plenty of time to think. I set some new goals for myself, started working on them that day and have already begun to see results. Some of them are extremely personal, others fairly vague, and the last is sort of a secret so I'm won't be going into details (not to be a tease) but, it's going to be a big year. I can feel it. Heck, 2010 might even be the year I get cable! (Maybe. Don't hold your breath.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In some cultures, a lamp falling on the head is a good omen. I'm SURE of it.

Confusador said...

I suppose it makes sense that I can't post a picture in the comments, so you'll have to see it here.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.