Recent Posts

1.06.2010

Limited forecast ahead



Every morning before work I go to WCCO and check the weather forecast. But really, what's the point? From now until April there are only so many possibilities...
  • freezing cold or below freezing cold
  • snow or no snow
  • ridiculous windchill or slightly less ridiculous windchill
The roads in St. Paul have gotten so bad with the snow/melt/freeze/ice combination from Christmas that I now expect to get stuck at least once on the way to and from the office. Even though I was born in a blizzard (only three more weeks to shop for presents before it's my birthday!!!) I'm struggling with winter this year. I know I posted this picture last January but I think it merits a reappearance because really, it sums up all of my feelings about this weather:

5 comments:

Derrick said...

See, this was sort of my theory about MN all along. Ha! Stay warm!

PS: Not gonna lie, very cute pic. :)

Confusador said...

The point of checking the forecast is to see if I'll be OK with just earmuffs or if I need the full ski mask. So, yeah, cold or colder. Or last Saturday, cold enough to cancel my plans for the day (I'm rarely late returning things to the library, but it just wasn't worth it at -18F).
The rain at the end of the Christmas storm was really just unfair, I have pity on our road crews this year. It's getting better, though; I don't feel like I'm shaking the car apart in the ruts any more, it's just slick now.

El Vato Suave said...

Yikes! It's unseasonably cold today! Only 37 degrees right now. But it will bbe up to 50 later...
Maybe you should come to Texas.
JMW

Andhari said...

I always want to experience snow but I guess if you experience it for a long time you could get upset too.

In the other hand you look really cute in that picture :)

WoWo said...

This is an absolutely fantastic picture

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.