Recent Posts

4.08.2009

Need a lift?

Waiting for the elevator I slipped a heel halfway off my aching foot and balanced with just my toes barely in the shoe. The woman next to me wearing sturdy, white, orthopedic tennis shoes glanced down at my quasi-flamingo pose and smiled as the ding sounded announcing our ride's arrival. Putting her hand on the door to keep it open she motioned for me to go first. "At the end of the day," she said, "everyone needs a lift." I smiled, waiting for the elevator to start moving up and wondered if she knew she had already given me one.

3 comments:

Sara said...

ah! a random act of kindness! Pass it on :)

Andhari said...

That's completely nice of her :)

Dolce said...

That's a sweet story.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.