Recent Posts

3.19.2009

Roommate tales

So, Dolce recently challenged people to tell the story of a horrible roommate situation that could beat the time she lived with a girl who had an STD and was caught wearing her underwear. I'm not sure that I can beat that but I have a few good ones...where to start? I guess I'll start with Junior year...
Three of us friends had a 4 bedroom on-campus upperclassmen apartments 3 friends we got 1 randomly assigned roommate to fill the place up.
Crazy Smokey Oakey Jenny was the fourth, and she was crazy. And smoked pot all the time. ALL THE TIME. And was from Oklahoma. Hence the name Crazy Smokey Oakey.

Our room was on the first floor in the corner and the living room was giant glass windows so a few weeks we had to make a rule: no drugs in the kitchen or Public Safety will see you and we will all get arrested. Usually when we were getting back from parties at 2 or 3am she would be just waking up from her daytime drug induced sleep and would stumble out the door to God knows where as we stumbled in. One Saturday morning she came running into the living room where we were all sharing stories about the night before and watching SATC. "I'm late! My boyfriend is picking me up and I'm late!"
"Oh, hi, Jenny. You have a boyfriend now?"
"Yeah, he's great. So hot and a business man and stuff."
"Really? Cool!"
"Yup we're going to Duluth for the day. He has some business to do up there."
"Oh, that's romantic! A day trip! What does he do?"
"He sells drugs. There is a shipment coming in from Canada. Bye!" And she ran out of the apartment.

One thing Smokey Oakey was good for was her refrigerator. "Refrigerator?" you might ask. Yes, fridge. See, she was the only one in the room who was 21 so we kept our alcohol in her fridge since she couldn't get in trouble if campus security busted in and did a search (presumably after seeing her drugs but whatever).
So one night we desperately needed to get our raspberry Smirnoff out of her fridge in order to make jello shots but at 9pm she was in there, sleeping something off. Everyone was a little afraid to knock so it was decided someone would sneak in and pull the bottle out of there without waking her up.
After a rigorous round of rock-paper-scissors, I became the someone who had to complete the mission. I opened the door silently and tip toed toward the fridge. I was so close to getting out without her waking up, the bottle was in my hand and the door was inches away when one of the spectators in the hallway started laughing. Next thing I know, my skinny, drugged out, naked roommate was flying at me, blond hair sticking straight up, pupils dilated.
I screamed and threw myself out of the room as another roommate pulled the door shut behind me. We heard a thud as Jenny hit the door, and then silence. In the morning she came out of her room wrapped in a bathrobe and asked, "Hey, did someone come in my room earlier?"
"No, not us," someone answered quickly and we all shook our heads in agreement.
"Really? I could have sworn...gotta lay off that..." she mumbled as she wandered to get some leftovers and went back to bed. As soon as her door shut we all burst out laughing.
Yes, Smokey Oakey, you should lay off it. No one ever went in her room ever again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a PEACH.

Andhari said...

God she's scary, she's stined most of the times or what? Gosh drug users scare me, really!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.