Recent Posts

9.25.2008

Mangled feet

Eight blisters. Band aids on every toe but the big guys. How does this happen to an experienced high heel-er? Two hours spent traipsing around medical buildings on tours, that's how. On my way back to the office I took the back route around the Radisson and slipped my shoes off for a few blissful minutes of walking. The cool cement felt like a glorious icepack on my bright red toes. Putting my sling-backs on again was excruciating but I was convinced if I left them off much longer some VP would pass me on the way to a VIP meeting, notice me all BIP (barefoot in public) and put me on the "Dufus going nowhere" list. So, back on the weapons of torture went and I hobbled the rest of the way. Moral of the story? Not sure yet, perhaps that I should keep a pair of flats in my purse or that heels over 2" should come with some lidocaine. Either way, ouch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lesson here is "Don't wear heels". But no one ever listens to me, so I don't expect you to start now.

Anonymous said...

Keep some moleskin in your purse. I will never be blistery again, thanks to this wonderful product.

El Vato Suave said...

I've been saying the same thing as Matt for years. Even my dress shoes are bought with the quesion "Could I hike 10 miles through the desert with these shoes on and not have serious problems?"

kleinwort said...

Ouch! I so remember the days. My deepest sympathy. The last ten years have been spent at firms whose dress code was seriously casual. My feet applaud my employment choices, even if my waistline doesn't. Yes, there is an upside to "dress up."

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.