Recent Posts

9.19.2008

Gettin the heck outta Dodge

Ok, so I'm getting the heck out of St. Paul anyway. Off to visit the BFF in Iowa and I'm on the road for most of the day, hence the cop-out quotes post. I do want to say that these aren't just random quotes that I find floating around and decide to throw on here. The ones I post struck me in one way or another, as meaningful, insightful, or just plan ole funny. Some are from conversations with friends, others from books, famous people, etc etc etc.
Enjoy! I know I did.
(sidenote: if you have any quotes to share, send them my way, I love getting good ones!)

"Slackering is what makes us American." -Wade

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down." - Annie Dillard (author)

"I'm not hungry at all but I am bored...so I am starving." -Anneabellarina Satterstrom

Chat from Paul:
-So dad wanted to switch cars today. He is not at home. I am. He didn't specify which cars he would like to switch so I'm going to go ahead and take the Porshe
-Dang it
-He just walked in
-No Porshe

Not sure what the point is of having some decorative feathers sticking out of the back of your shoe, other than to make people think you've stood on a bird. - queen michelle's shoe blog

"Its so cold in Target I have to shave my legs everytime I leave." -a co-worker

"Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed." - Sister Mary Corita Kent (artist and Sister of the Immaculate Heart of Mary)

"Hey Mom, Kelsey forgot to stop by and pick up and paint."
"How is that possible? I put it right outside the front door in plain view!"
"No, Mom, she forgot to stop by. It doesn't matter where you put it, if she wasn't there she wouldn't have seen it no matter what."
"Oh. Right."

From two emails at work:
"There is an email going around claiming to have something to do with webmail (please see below). It is NOT legitimate and please just delete it (on tipoff is they spell upgrade "Upgarde" in the subject line)."
"Oops. Thanks for catching this, Caley. I thought I had made the change. Always good to have two sets of eyes on these thinks."

"I just bought a state fair coupon book for $4!"
"Cool, Dad. Is that why you called me at work?"
"Lets see whats in here. Handmade llama dolls: $6 coupon. Henna kids: $4 off. bark cider: $1.50 off. OOO Pancake on a stick, $2 discount. Mini donuts: $2 off. Oooo, Crepes, large size $1.50 off.
"Dad, I don't know that I need to hear everything in the book right now, I'm working."
"Well so am I but I'm looking to see if there is anything you like. You like crepes, right?"
"Yes, but cheese curds are my favorite. Any coupons for those?"
"No, but crepes are $2 off."
"Thanks, Dad."

Breakroom Conversation
"Thats a pretty wrap...is it cold in your office?"
"No, I got dressed in the dark this morning and didn't notice until I just went to the bathroom that my shirt is completely sheer and you can see my entire black bra."
"That's...haha...I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh."
"Oh its funny. I'm kicking this shirt to the curb. Literally. ARC comes tomorrow for donations."

Katie: joe is going to get me gatorade. what a nice boy
me: i want some too please lemon lime
(20 minutes later)
me: ok SERIOUSLY now i want one. hate you. jealous.
Katie: want one what? a gatorade or a slave?
me: um, for now a gatorate. long term goal--slave.



be of love (a little) more careful
than of everything
guard her perhaps only
A trifle less (merely beyond how very)
closely than nothing
remember love by frequent
anguish (imagine
her least never with most
memory)
give entirely each
forever its freedom

(dare until a flower,
understanding ceaselessly sunlight
open what thousandth why and
discover laughing)
- e. e. cummings, be of love (a little)

1 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi Cal-safe journey on your trip and have a wonderful weekend!!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.