Recent Posts

9.18.2008

Cutie pies and sand cakes

Friday night I had a hot date. And by hot date I mean I got to babysit the little ones next door. Mac and cheese with hot dogs was served by request, just like last time, and it was delicious. OK fine, I was the one who requested it, not 'S' and 'F.' 'S', the littler little one, got a second helping of said mac and cheese but after poking a finger in it, she proclaimed "TOOOOOO hot," and refused to eat.
"Sweetie, its not hot. I promise," I said, crossing my heart to show how serious I was. "It has been sitting for over half an hour cooling. Not hot."
"TOOOOOO hot." She repeated, insistently.
"Ok ok, too hot. Go ahead and blow on it, that'll cool it off." She paused for a minute, thinking over my proposition, and firmly face planted into her plate while making raspberries with her mouth. 'F' and I looked at each other, looked at 'S,' looked back at each other and burst out laughing. I thought we were both going to fall out of our chairs onto the linoleum floor. Picking her face up out of her food, 'S' joined in with her contagious giggles making us even more hysterical. After cleaning the cheese off her cheeks, 'F' and I taught her the proper way to blow on food.


















Then, we packed up and went on a nature walk which ended in sand cake making at the park. The cakes were quite lovely, despite a few scuffles over who got to use which scooper and our excursion had us just the right amount of tuckered out to curl up on the couch for a movie. During the opening credits of "Old Yeller" I said, "Wow, this movie is older than I remember. Its even older than I am!" 'F' scrunched up her face and said, "That's not even possible! Was Disney even around when you were born?"




(Picture of 'S' making a 2 year old's version of sand cake)

3 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-little ones are so cute and funny, it reminds me of my Robert when he was a toddler!

Lisamaree said...

oooh, that's harsh! Would it freak them out if you showed them the original tug boat Mickey?
xx

El Vato Suave said...

Speaking of disney, I was looking for my dvd of The little mermaid the other day, and couldn't find it. (Some of my students didn't believe me that fathoms are used to measure water depth, so I was looking for the "fathoms below song.) In any case I couldn't find it. Do you still have it, or did I leave it at my parents' place in Kansas?
JMW

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.