Recent Posts

7.28.2008

Little ones


Next door I have two little ones (and there is another on the way!) F is 5 1/2, S just turned 2 and I got to babysit them on Friday. Their parents were so thrilled to have the evening off they could barely get past their excitement to make plans. When I showed up during mac and cheese with hot dogs they still didn't know what they were going to do but the girls and I had our whole evening planned out. First stop: backyard swing set. Then it was over to my house to visit Ebbie, a walk to both of Groveland's playgrounds with a detour to say hello and goodbye to the wooden panda statue out front, and back home for chocolate ice cream cones. Humidity and carting around S's hot little body had worn me down so I was more than happy to put in an Eloise movie. Thankfully, the girls were just as tuckered out so were both curled up on my lap half asleep when their parents came back. It's hard to say who had more fun, us or them, but I can't wait to do it again. Maybe I'll start trading babysitting services for sidewalk shoveling. Hmm...that could work...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.