Recent Posts

8.22.2008

Please don't rain, please don't rain

Dear God,
As you know, for my baby brother's birthday I bought Brad Paisley concert tickets at the State Fair Grandstand. I planned ahead, like really ahead, and bought them in December even though his birthday wasn't until May. So, the concert is today, August 22, 2008. WCCO tells me that there is a 43% chance of rain at 4, which is when we planned to head out to the Great Minnesota Get-together. Still 43% at 7:00 when the concert is supposed to start. This could be a problem, since the Grandstand is an outdoor venue. I was just wondering, being that you're God and all, if you could maybe decrease that chance of rain from 43% to lets say, zero percent? That would be wonderful. I would be deeply indebted to you, as would my leopard print umbrella who would then get to stay in my purse and rest instead of getting all wet protecting my little head.
Thanks a lot for considering my request. You're the best.
Love always,
Caley Jennifer
p.s. When I'm eating my cheese curds and drinking my beer I'll be sure to send a toast of appreciation your way.
p.p.s. The picture below is from last year at the Grandstand. Just thought you might need an example of the kind of night I'm requesting.

1 comments:

El Vato Suave said...

Hmm... Chance of rain here: 0%.
Perhaps they should move the Great Minnesota Get-Together to El Paso. That way it's very unlikely to get rained out.
JMW

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.