Recent Posts

7.19.2012

Definition of a mom

Today is my mama's birthday. Every time I see this commercial, I think of the endless hours she spent driving us kids around to ballet, volleyball, soccer, theater. Doctor's appointments, summer camp, play dates. Never did she complain about spending half of her life in the family station wagon. Then mini-van. Then SUV. Instead, she was sad when each of us got a driver's license and didn't need a chauffeur because she missed getting to be with us for that time every day.

She is the definition of a mom. The best kind. And she's mine.

Happy birthday, Mama!

2 comments:

Confusador said...

I'd accuse you of bias, but your mom is pretty objectively awesome.

WoWo said...

thanks for making me cry

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.