Recent Posts

6.25.2012

Pro-women's rights, anti-pumping gas

There is nothing pleasant about filling the car up with gas. The smell is awful. It's inevitably 90 degrees, freezing cold, or pouring rain when I hit empty. The music they play over the loudspeakers is horrible and I'm constantly afraid of pulling a Garden State and driving off with the hose thing still connected to my car. {Not an irrational fear. I get a little preoccupied sometimes.}


I propose we bring back the whole "women can't pump their own gas," thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women's rights but that is one that I'd gladly give up. Ideally, we could just hit that sweet spot after women were allowed to drive and before we were allowed to pump our own gas.

Just another one of my platforms for when I run for office. Vote for me in 2030. {It rhymes.}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know that it will take an official vote for this to happen. I think this is something you can make happen on your own with a little bit of flirting each time you pull up to the pump. Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out.

Sara said...

In Oregon, it's against the law to pump your own gas, as every station has attendants to do it for you. Consequently, I never learned to pump my own gas until I was 22.

WoWo said...

I went to a station once that had a mandatory attendant and I was confused....because I didn't know if I was supposed to tip??? orrrrrrrr.....not just because I"m blonde. If you've never gone to one, how would you know?! Also, I'm lucky that my hubby takes my car to fill er up most of the time for me ;)

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.