Recent Posts

9.16.2009

Inadequate templates

Whenever I get a new cellphone my mom insists on getting the exact same model so she doesn't have to figure out how to work it by herself.

(FYI that statement really has absolutely nothing to do with my post other than the fact I'm going to write about a feature on the most current phone. Whatever. It's my blog I'll cry if I want to! Er...do what I want?)

Last night when I couldn't fall asleep I decided to putz around with my phone, mostly because the computer was too far away. If you hit about 17.5 buttons you can get to the option to insert some template text into a message. Scrolling through the list almost all of them feel really abrupt. Who wrote these things? I'm pretty sure there's only one that sounds anything like something I'd actually say. I'll let you figure out which it is...

Call me back.
Where are you now?
I am on the way. Please wait.
Urgent! Please contact.
I love you.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Those templates are quite frank...does anybody really use them? I know I don't. I have a rambling tendency, so those just wouldn't be adequate...even in a text!

WoWo said...

mine are a little more friendly:
What's Up?
Let's Meet.
Whacha doing? (yes - whacha)
You've gotta be here to enjoy this
You're the best!
would you like to join me for a date tonight?

Cathryn said...

My favorite cell phone template--"Would you like to join me for a date tonight?" I think it sounds charmingly polite.

Angela said...

I have not used any of those templates.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.