Recent Posts

8.05.2009

Hair binder bracelets

Last night when Mom asked me if I keep a hair binder on my wrist at work I thought she was going to have a stroke because I said, "Yes. Of course." I got a lecture about professionalism and how wearing hair binders on ones wrist marks a woman as being of a certain generation and that other generations do not see it as acceptable.
Really, Mom? Really?
It's not like I'm wearing Rainbow Brite colors or anything.
And I'm pretty sure a hair binder (or two) on my wrist is more professional than surreptitiously trying to rig up a pony tail with this stuff. Especially during a meeting.
Who wants to bet I get skin colored hair ties from Santa this year?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take that bet.

Anonymous said...

funny, i have one on right now :)

Cal said...

You're on, Sal!
Carrie--looks like you're officially in the same hair binder generation as me! i have on two. oops?

WoWo said...

I guess we're in the same generation too.... I don't have one today and I already know my Mondrian pencil that I stole is going to be the next best thing

Kristen said...

You should buy those clear hair binders to appease mom :)

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.