Recent Posts

7.31.2009

SHARKS!

There are things that both fascinate and scare the crap out of me at the same time. Like sharks. I could watch hours and hours of shows about all kinds of sharks and never get bored. They should do a marathon like that on tv! Oh wait...shark week.

Let me qualify that: they should do a marathon like that on non-cable tv! I'm devastated that for the second year in a row if I want to experience shark week I have to mooch cable off of my brother and hang out his roommates, surrounded by beer cans and pizza boxes. So, when I was at Half Price Books the other day and saw a national geographic four disc set on sharks for $7 I was pumped.

This shark fascination isn't a fad for me. When I was little I didn't have monsters in my closet; I had sharks under my bed. To avoid the sharks I had to jump from my bed over the rug to the hardwood floor because they lived in the carpet. Duh. Even though I knew there weren't any sharks living in the Peterson's pool across the street I still freaked myself out every time I jumped into the deep end. Basically they scare the bejeezus out of me but at the same time I'm sort of obsessed.

It's kind of like Ebbie: she freaks out if she thinks she is going to get wet but is hypnotized with any form of running water. Maybe they should do a water week on Discovery Channel, too. I know my cat would watch. (If we had cable.)

(Comic from the lovely Natalie Dee)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Aaaaa..sharks live in carpet?! Holy moly, now I'm going to have to arrange my furniture in order to avoid them.

Andhari said...

And after all these times, I thought it's big black monster under my bed?:P

Confusador said...

(If we had cable.)
Or, you know, the magic of the Internet. Bonus: search for 'Shark Week' instead.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.