Recent Posts

5.05.2009

Old lady moment: What IS that thing?

The college freshman I was sitting next to for a scholarship luncheon my office hosted turned to me and pointed. "What IS that thing," she asked, scrunching her nose at the indiscernible hunk of plastic sitting.

"It's a Polaroid camera."


"Oooooh," she said. "That's what those look like!" Assuming she had grown up under a rock I smiled patronizingly until the two girls next to her leaned in to see the object in question.
"Cool! How does it work," one asked.
The other said, "Yeah, I've never seen one of those in real life before." Doing the math in my head I realized they had probably been born in 1990. While giving them a lesson in Polaroid basics, I tried not to feel terribly old and decrepit.

2 comments:

Confusador said...

I hope you told them to shake it. The shaking is very important!

Andhari said...

LOL ooooh the new generation :P I'm lucky I was born in the 87 and still got the chance to experience and play with the polaroids :)

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.