Recent Posts

5.07.2009

Kids say the darndest things

Kids really do say the darndest things. And sometimes, so do I. Luckily half the time I only say them to myself in my head (or out loud if I'm home alone). Mom got me a great little black cotton dress off the sale rack at Target for only $7. I threw on a floral cardigan with some cute jewelry and checked mah-self out in the mirror.
"Cute...and so comfortable," I thought. "Its just too bad maternity dresses make one look so--pregnant." Wait, did I fail to mention it was off the maternity sale rack at Target? Yeah.
And no, I'm not pregnant. Hence the problem with looking like I am. Whatever, I belted that sucker and am good to go. Plus this way if I eat too much at lunch there is plenty of room for my potentially overstuffed stomach. So practical, I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you. I LOVE the maternity garb at Target, but am just too chicken to buy any of it. Weird, since I could give a crap about what size I buy - from 4 to 14, if it fits, I'll take it!

Lisamaree said...

When you have to wear that shish for 9 months, you just wanna burn it and never look at it again.

Having said that. I would buy the Belly Basics set again if they rebranded it to "capsule wardrobe" A great little stretch skirt, leggings, long top and dress set. Well worth it (but I still set fire to it after the 2 babies were born)
xx

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.