Recent Posts

3.23.2009

Wine rack stocking

So, I usually post first thing in the morning but sometimes nothing witty comes to me so I wait until later in the day when my mind is working a little more clearly. Today, I don't think that time is ever going to come. The only funny story I can think of to tell you is that this weekend I went to Trader Joe's and stopped by their liquor store to stock my wine rack. A really cool girl who worked there gave me some awesome recommendations and I ended up with a variety of wines totaling ten bottles. At the check out my cashier asked, "Oh, are you having a party?"
"No," I answered, confused. She gave me an odd look and went back to swiping bottle after bottle. "Oh! Because I have so much wine!" I finally said when it occurred to me why she had asked. "There just aren't any TJ stores near me so I stock up when I make the drive out to one."
"Whew, I was worried I was going to have to call an intervention," she said, sounding genuinely relieved.
I swear, I just have a really big stand (sidenote: I almost said rack but that would have just been setting myself up) and it looks sad and lonely when there are less than 5 bottles of wine on it at any given time. Whatever, I don't have to defend myself. But seriously...that's the truth.

1 comments:

WoWo said...

a big rack! HAHA! had to do it - just had to

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.