Recent Posts

3.11.2009

Smelly shirt

"Did you just smell that dvd," I asked the girl at the selling counter of Half Price Books.
Laughing she answered, "Yeah! Something smells really odd." The other employee agreed and they both sniffed the air. "It's like, cooking oil or something." As soon as she said it I looked down at my sweater and the homemade chips I had fried before leaving the house flashed through my mind. "Must be drifting in from the parking lot," she added.
All three of us turned to the door and I tried to wrap my non-vegetable oil smelling jacket farther around my stinking clothes. "You know, it did smell out there when I was coming in. Must be the place next door." And by the place next door, I meant down my shirt. That's what I get for trying to cook.

6 comments:

WoWo said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQfuzNGT58&feature=related

Anonymous said...

Could've been worse. You could've been frying smelt.

Andhari said...

Dont feel bad, I'm a worse cook than anybody I bet. usually I burn myself in the process.

Cal said...

thanks, sis. that's actually what i had in my head!

smelt...ewww!

IC--how did you know i burned my thumb with the oil? ha!

Anne said...

Haha! Great story!

Kristie said...

Yeah when Kristen and I made wontons our clothes that we wore smelled for weeks...even after being washed. But at least you attempted to cook something at home..thats more than some people can say.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.