Recent Posts

2.27.2009

Schnowy snow



Since Dad was nice enough to get me (another) new snow thrower I figured I should take a picture for him and since I already had the picture, why not share it with y'all?














We got 6-10 inches last night throughout the Twin Cities and the drive into work this morning was blinding. No literally, snow + sun = BRIGHT.










You would think that the snow plows would know better than to hit their own "PLOW ROUTE" signs but apparently not.












On a totally non-snow related note, I got to grab drinks with the work girls for Kris and Kristen's birthdays last night and we were pretty much the only girls in the bar. They used to have 2 for 1's but now market it as 1/2 price drinks but our doddering old bartender wouldn't believe us when we told him it was pretty much the same thing. Anyway, I digress. Here are my two favorite quotes of the night:
"I smell bacon. Does anyone else smell that?"
(everyone looks around, sniffing)
"No, but this place is definitely a sausage factory so maybe that's it!"
-----------
A: My friend's actually remembered my birthday! TWO people brought cake's. Oh and K got me a stripper.
K: Yeah, I don't bake. It limits my options.

7 comments:

Nick McGivney said...

Ach, all our snow was gone after a week. Needless to say, the entire country (and the Brits too) ground to a halt. They'd like to say it was cos the infrastructure can't handle it, but it's cos the adults like a snowball fight and don't get much of a chance to. Hyuk hyuk. Now you guys, you need snow blowers.

Anonymous said...

Effing snow.

Anne said...

Hahaa! Love the quotes from the night. Have a great day!

WoWo said...

Sounds like I'd like K

Cathryn said...

It is BRIGHT today. Love the bacon and sausage quote. X-D

Andhari said...

I likeeee snowww :)

gina clover said...

i was just in the minneapolis airport and i was shocked at how cold minnesota is. how do you do it??

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.