Recent Posts

1.28.2009

Mop bucket mess


Sometimes I'm a little bit of a mess, but aren't we all? I'm not the kind of mess where you can hear breaking glass, see scattered pickles, and smell vinegar. Plus if you miss the signs of that kind of mess, there is always a "spill on aisle 4" announcement. I tend to be a mop bucket kind of mess. Once the mop bucket has been used and sits unattended for a while, all of the ugly stuff sinks to the bottom but the top layer actually looks pretty clean. You can see through to the plastic sides and if you get close to it the smell of lemons still floats around from the days of fresh water. The problem comes when someone walking by accidentally bumps the bucket. Sediment filled with ickiness floats to the top and all memory of lemony clean disappears.
At this point, let's just say no one has kicked my mop bucket yet but I feel like it might be coming. There are just enough scummy worries floating around in me that even a minor shake up could get a bit smelly and clouded.
I'm a generally hopeful person so I believe that I could wake up tomorrow and the mop bucket feeling could be gone. I'm so optimistic that I bought a pair of sandals today even though it is maybe zero degrees outside. Who knows? It could warm up to 70 this week. I could win a Caribbean cruise on the radio! Either one would be a treat but really, I'd just like to be back to no dirt and fresh lemons: pre-spill clean up on aisle 4.
Photos from Google images

1 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-oh I do hope you overcome this, I see where you're coming from, I tend to get these feelings too, it only takes something minor to set you off when you have this brewing inside. Take care and hope you feel better.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.