Recent Posts

9.15.2008

Famous on purpose

I have a knack for being accidentally famous. It started in second grade when a picture of me at the Easter egg hunt appeared on the front page of the small town Crosby paper. Recent cameos include being pictured twice on the front page of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. First the photogs got me waving from a paddle boat on the Mississippi where I worked during college. Then, about a year later they got me stepping out of a dressing room at Lula's vintage shop. Apparently my shock and confusion at the flash in my face came off as disarming. Don't forget my cameos at the University of St. Thomas in a campaign video, several catalogs and the infamous "Bulletin Today" sidebar picture (sidenote: one week it was my top half and the next week it was just my shoes from the same picture. Weird or awesome? Hard to say.) Let's see, what else? A photo of me at O'Gara's recently made it into the cathedral's newsletter and I was also quoted at the Minneapolis More to Life website.
What do all of these random appearances add up to? Ridiculousness. It isn't like I ever actually DO anything to merit acknowledgment. Until recently.
One of my co-workers, Sally, has a fabulous fashion blog called Already Pretty that I open up and ready every morning when I get to work right after making my oatmeal and checking the weather. Not only does she give great advice, she has an engaging writing style that keeps me going back for more. Guess what the topic was on Saturday? Me. And there are picture. On purpose pictures. The topic was how peoples' styles evolve through life and how amazed she is by people whose style evolves at a younger age. I was the example she used as one such youngin'. She said such nice things about me that I keep going back to the site to make sure I didn't imagine it all. On top of that, her readers heaped on a few more compliments that still have me blushing.
I guess what I really want to say is that I am honored that someone actually picked me on purpose this time. Thank you, Sal. This is the best famous I've ever had.

Sally's blog: www.alreadypretty.com
The article: Evolution Speeds Up

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so welcome, lady! Every word is true, and every compliment deserved. And those photos turned out SO gorgeous ... I do hope you and your wombatastic friend find many uses for them. More eyes should see how lovely you are!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.