Recent Posts

12.15.2009

Sneaking back in

There's no good way to get back into posting after taking a few months off. None. Too much to explain about not writing and no real good reason for having stopped in the first place. So, to avoid being all dramatic about it I'll just sneak back in with a few random sketches.

------------------------------------------------
Commute

Moving toward home
the morning’s worries,
8 hours old and starting to mildew
slip back into rotation--
iron unplugged?
trash left out?
food dish filled?
Head down, burrowed deep
in the dark pockets of my head
I walk through
the after 5:00 emptiness of the hall
letting tiles stretch into lines
trailing
behind my heels.
-------------------------------------

Into the Cold


Pushing open the door
fresh air slaps me,
steals away daydreams
of your fingers deliberately
tracing my outline onto
soft cotton sheets.
I freeze--
half inside
but almost gone,
and smile at the shock
of snow,
boldly blowing through
the edges of my red, wool coat
hitting the heat of my chest
and melting
away
quickly.

6 comments:

Andhari said...

Welcome back! You're right, you don't have to explain :) good that you post again though. I like your poetries :)

Chris said...

This is a hiku
About my porcupine lou
He's lost, what to do?

Maybe this is two
I think Caley stole my lou
Please give him some food.

Cal said...

thanks, andhari! you're to sweet...
----------------------------------------
Oh Chris...that is the first haiku anyone has ever written for me. I feel special.

Confusador said...

I notice that you don't deny the allegations; you even seem smug about it. Porcupine stealer!

Cal said...

Lou is a very sweet porcupine. Er, or so I hear?

Laura W said...

I am SO glad you're back! I was getting bored without your blog to read! :) Miss you!!!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.