Recent Posts

7.01.2009

Coffee table plea

Last summer Mykala and I went on an adventure to a thrift store in a not-so-nice area of town on a mission: find a new coffee table. Mine was $3 at a garage sale and is a piece of crap but has done a good job of holding my candles, computer, and even feet (the benefit of crappy furniture is it doesn't matter if people put their shoes on it!)

We found a nice one that had three glass sections on the top and pretty wood for under $20. Score! Except that we didn't realize the glass sections weren't attached and they shattered as we put the table into the trunk of my car. Some very scary looking...er...friendly...guys came over to see what in the world we were doing breaking glass in their parking lot. They proceeded to stand behind my car and signaled us like airplane controllers on how to back out to avoid the glass.

Fast forward a year and I still haven't gotten the glass replaced on the table and it has been living in my garage this whole time. Pricing it out I think it makes more sense to just buy a new (old) one off craigslist or something so during lunch I started looking. And that's when I found this:

I'm not sure what selling a coffee table and going to the Mall of America have to do with one another but I sure hope someone can help her out. Before 3:00. For her grandson's sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didja pick it up yet? How does it look in your living room?

Andhari said...

LOL MOA, maybe need a fast money to splurge?:)

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.