Recent Posts

4.24.2009

When I was little...

When I was little my Aunt Molly used to babysit me and I always had a blast at her house. Uncle Jon and I would sit in the hammock solving all of the worlds problems while I ate peanut butter by the spoonful and drank fizzy lemonade out of my special tin cup. I wasn't the neatest eater as a child and it was Aunt Molly who discovered that plopping me in the bathtub was the safest way to let me have a popsicle. That way she could wash me up as soon as I was done and I would leave bright sugary drips all over the floor while I ate. After my bath she would wrap me up in a warm towel and tickle my arms. No, not tickle under my arms to make me laugh. She scratched my arms softly and it would inevitably put me to sleep.
Twenty years later whenever I see Aunt Molly I still sidle up to her and oh so subtly stretch my arm out to be tickled. The Boy has quickly learned that if I am ever in a bad mood (yes, sweet ole me does get cranky now and again) all he has to do is scratch my back and I melt into a dreamy puddle. Kind of like this little guy. Only not quite as cute...

6 comments:

Cathryn said...

Ooooh, I see The Boy has officially been referenced on this blog.

Cal said...

Haha yup. I'm not sure what else to call him!

Sara said...

I keep watching that video over and over again. I seriously want one of those little guys. I think my dog wants one too :)

Confusador said...

Until he consents to being introduced on the blog, I'm going to call him Eustace.

Lisamaree said...

I thought that was a computer animation. Wow, seriously cute, but a bit creepyly ilegal.
xx

Andhari said...

AWWWWWWWW mine would be a stroke in the back of the neck. I will literally purr.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.