Recent Posts

3.03.2009

Laziness, supersized

Yesterday I wanted Arby's like nobody's business. There is an Arby's three blocks from my office. Seems like getting my roast beef sandwich and curly fries should be pretty simple, right?
Wrong.
I immediately started getting mentally whiney, throwing up road blocks to satisfying my craving. "It is cold. Really cold. And it is too bright outside and I don't have my sunglasses. And I didn't bring boots and my heels would be killing my feet by the time I got back. And I can't wear my tennis shoes because my pants would drag on the ground. And it is really cold."
Suddenly, in the middle of my tirade I realized there was a solution to this that would allow me to get my Arby's without any shoe or cold problems: drive. As soon as it dawned on me a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and I skipped to the parking ramp, heels and all. Back at the office as I bit into that delicious sammie I have to say, laziness never tasted so good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if they DID short you on Arby's sauce.

Andhari said...

AHHH one should try any measures to get roast beef sandwich and curly fries!!!:)

WoWo said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm Arby's......mmmmmmmmmm
uh oh - I didn't take anything out for dinner... May be that's a sign from the universe to stop on my way home.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

MMM...I've been having a mad hankering for Arbys lately.

Cal said...

The window lady totally gave me sass too...and THEN shorted me on the sauce. Lame.

Glad you approve, I.Colita!

Sister, it is totally a sign. Do it!

Well, Chelsea, I'm pretty much always thinking Arbys so, yeah. I know the feeling.

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.