Recent Posts

11.07.2008

"Late" night confusion

Phone rings.

I automatically assume it is Mom and Dad calling to report problems with their transatlantic flight.
Forget to check caller ID.
Answer in a panic.
It is Kelsey.
CONFUSION.
Check clock--9:57.
How can I be asleep? I just went to bed ten minutes ago, or was it 12 hours ago?
MORE CONFUSION.
Is it AM or PM?
Weekday or weekend?
Look out the window, it is bright but I can't tell if it is from the sun or my paranoid neighbors 1 million plus flood lights.
SO CONFUSED.
Where am I?
Kelsey keeps talking...something about a show, next week.
"Does dinner at Rockbottom Brewery work? I think I get off of work at about 5 and then I'm going home to pick up my aunt and my little cousin so if you want to meet us the reservation..."
NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON.
I finally interrupt her.
"Kels, I'm sorry. What?"
She repeats.
EVEN MORE CONFUSED.
"You know what, I can't do this...I think I was asleep."
"Ok, I just need to know if you're in for dinner."
"Sure. Ok. Tomorrow. Call me." and I hang up.
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
I sit up, trying to get my pounding heart to slow down.
For some reason, am still thinking about parents flight to Europe and something going wrong.
TOO CONFUSED TO SLEEP.
Wake up the next day and see missed text at 10:07pm.
Apparently I wasn't too confused to sleep...I don't think? Hard to say. I'm still confused.

1 comments:

El Vato Suave said...

Set your clock/Watch/Cell phone to 24-hour mode if possible. It gets rid of (some) confusion quite easily. Of course, until you get used to it, trying to do the math in that state can be tricky too...
JMW

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sidenote by Sidenote Cal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.sidenotecal.com.